About the course
Having a baby is one of the most transformative events in life. Learning mindfulness skills is a way to engage the heart, mind, and body in the incredible work of birthing and parenting. Mindful communication may also ease the transition to new family roles.
Mindfulness is being grounded in the present moment. It is the awareness that comes from paying attention purposefully and non judgmentally to what is occurring now.
Life is ever changing and unpredictable, and the events of labor, birth and parenting are no exceptions. Mindfulness skills help us be present to the unfolding of these meaningful events with openness and compassion.
During the eight-week MBCP course, you will learn to:
Understand basic physiology of childbirth and breastfeeding
• Engage the mind to work with pain during labor
• Increase confidence and courage for the experience of labor and delivery
• Practice prenatal yoga for strength and flexibility
• Develop skills for managing stress in pregnancy, parenting and daily life by practicing meditation
• Enhance partner communication skills
• Become more aware of your own approach to parenting